Sunday morning worship
- We are currently looking for a location for our regular Sunday services
- While we look for a (semi-) permanent location, our meeting location and time may change (we will try to keep this page updated)
- For December 5: we will be meeting at the Blue Hills Room (2513 Tuttle Creek Blvd) at 10:00 am
- For December 12: we will be meeting at the Holiday Inn Ballroom (1641 Anderson Avenue) at 10:00 am
- For December 19: we will be meeting at the Blue Hills Room (2513 Tuttle Creek Blvd) at 10:00 am
- For December 26: we will be meeting at the Blue Hills Room (2513 Tuttle Creek Blvd) at 10:00 am
- Any Questions? Feel free to contact Matt Basel at 785-340-5790.
What to Expect:
- We generally have 80-120 people in attendance (with a large number of these being children!), dressed anywhere from semi-casual to business casual - although no one cares what you wear!
- We start the service with a song calling us to worship and then spend 5-15 minutes in pastoral-directed congregational prayer where several men in the congregation lead us in prayers on specific topics.
- After prayer, we spend some time singing together and reading passages from God's Word, often a chapter out of the Old Testament and a chapter out of the New Testament, though our readings vary, and these are usually related to the sermon that is going to be preached that morning.
- The center of our service is the expositional preaching of God's Word (which is generally 40-60 minutes long) followed by the celebration of the Lord's Supper.
- After the Lord's Supper we sing a final song together, close in prayer, and then send each other off by singing a benediction.
- There is a fellowship meal (potluck) following worship on the first and third Sunday of each month. Everyone is welcome to stay for the meal. Feel free to bring a dish to share, or, if you are a visitor, please feel free to join us as our guest.
Wednesday evening study and prayer time
- Currently we are meeting at the Basels' house (2907 Wayne Drive)
- Sometimes we meet at other locations - for confirmation of Wednesday night meeting locations, feel free to contact Matt Basel (785-340-5790)
- We meet from 6:30-8:00 with all ages welcomed.*
- Our fellowship is centered on a time of singing, corporate prayer, and teaching/discussion.
- Currently we are are going through the book of Isaiah
What to Expect:
- We generally have 20-50 people coming on Wednesday nights
- Wednesday nights are much more casual - people come in anything from shorts and a t-shirt to business casual from work
- We start by singing together for 15-30 minutes
- Then we share prayer request and spend time in corporate prayer together
- Finally we spend 20-40 minutes discussing our study
- After concluding, there are often snacks and we spend time together until people start going home for the evening
Other Discipleship Times
Discipleship with the Elders - The elders spend one morning a week meeting one-on-one with the men of the congregation. The schedule for these meetings can be found here. If you want to be added to the rotation, please contact one of the elders!
Family Integrated Worship
* Our worship and discipleship is done normally in the context of all ages gathering together. For this reason, we do not have a nursery or child care. We try to provide comfortable accommodations for nursing mothers.